May's Menopause Café - Weight Management & Naturopathy
Dr Vera Martins
Menopause Cafe - Tuesday 24th May (1-2pm)
Following April’s popular OMC Menopause Café on Menopause and Weight Management, for May our Naturopath, Vera Martins, will dive deeper into the role that nutrition, lifestyle and supplements play with weight management, particularly during menopause.
In this session we will discuss how there is more to weight management than the food you eat (or don’t). We’ll take a closer look at how healthier lifestyles choices have been scientifically proven to promote weight loss and why you should think twice around counting calories and yo-yo dieting.
In this Cafe, Vera will cover and provide practical advice on:
- Fats (the healthy ones) are not the enemy
- Stress and the stress hormone cortisol
- Keep your blood sugar and insulin levels balanced
- Look after your gut – your gut bacteria can help you lose weight
- The role of sleep
- The science behind Time Restricted Eating
OMC’s Menopause Cafe is open and free to attend for all OMC Patients, friends and family but numbers are capped at 50 so please register early to avoid disappointment.