January's Menopause Café
Our Hormones and Brain Health
Menopause Cafe - Friday 27th Jan (2-3pm)
Menopause and perimenopause can have a significant impact on a woman’s brain health and cognitive decline through (peri)menopause is not uncommon.
Symptoms such as forgetfulness, delayed verbal memory, reduced verbal processing speed and general brain fog can have a dramatic impact on our quality of life, including our relationships with friends, family and colleagues at work.
January’s OMC Menopause Cafe will be hosted by Dr Laila Kaikavoosi who will cover the following aspects of (peri)menopause, our hormones and brain health:
- Introduction to Brain Health & (Peri)menopause
- Common symptoms experienced
- The role of Estrogen, Testosterone and other hormones with our brain’s health
- Other factors that can contribute e.g. sleep, nutrition, lifestyle
- The benefits HRT Treatment for our brains
- Other ways to look after your mental health during menopause
OMC’s Menopause Cafe is open and free to attend for all OMC Patients, friends and family but numbers are capped at 50 so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Once registered, we’ll confirm the Zoom details and also ask if you’d like to pose any questions to Dr Laila Kaikavoosi during the cafe.