May's Menopause Café - The Benefits of Yoga during Menopause
Tuesday 23rd May (1-2pm) with Sarah Leroux
OMC Menopause Cafe - Tue 23rd May (1-2pm) - Register for Free
For May’s Menopause Cafe, we’re delighted that Sarah Leroux, OMC Menopause Nurse will be leading an introductory session on the benefits of Yoga during (Peri)menopause.
As well as being a Menopause Specialist Nurse, Sarah has 23 years’ experience of teaching Yoga and more recently has enjoyed sharing her in-depth knowledge to help women understand how Yoga can promote a healthy body and calm mind during the menopause.
Join us on Tuesday May 23rd 1-2pm and learn how the ancient teachings of Yoga postures, meditation and breathing techniques can complement modern medicine and understand its relevance in supporting women’s health and wellbeing during the menopause.
Yoga can help with:
- Ease aching muscles and joints whilst strengthening and promoting flexibility
- Promote cardiovascular health and fitness
- Build bone density
- Relieve anxiety and stress
- Understand the mind/body connection during hot flushes
- Aid sleep
- Improve self-esteem by learning to focus on positive thoughts and emotions rather than ruminating on negative ones
- Time to reflect, unwind and re-energise
The session will include a short breathing relaxation and time for questions and reflection.
OMC’s Menopause Cafes are open and free to attend for all OMC Patients, friends, and family but numbers are capped at 50 so please register early to avoid disappointment.